CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 27 MAY
We have a rare chance for an experienced, organised art editor to join our friendly team based in Bath’s artisan quarter. The right candidate will need solid print magazine experience to hit the ground running, working right across our diverse portfolio.
About the role
• JPM has a rare opportunity for a skilled and experienced art editor to join our team.
• In charge of creating beautiful and engaging spreads and covers, your role will primarily be design-based, spending most of your time in Adobe InDesign.
• You will work across our diverse and exciting range of titles, taking a project from conception through to print or digital delivery.
• Your outstanding InDesign and Photoshop skills will be coupled with a strong creative flair and an eye for detail.
• You will be able to deliver original and impactful designs to tight regular deadlines and will have the ability to produce finished artwork for print production.
• Working day-to-day with our editorial and commercial teams, you will help ensure that each magazine is produced on time.
• You will need to remain calm when it’s busy and deal with client requests in a professional, positive manner.
• Full-time office-based position (9am-5.30pm).
• Manage the design of a portfolio of customer magazine titles, prioritising, ensuring all deadlines are met
• Responsibility for the design of your core titles
• Source, choose, commission and brief illustrators and photographers as required
• Carry out picture research
• Ensure the correct use of fonts, colours and images
• Work closely with others to design and develop new launches and supplementary publications, presenting design ideas to clients with confidence and enthusiasm
• Work both with and without direction, identifying areas that need attention and offering solutions to situations as they arise
• Quickly and accurately take in client amends to pages, feeling confident to push back when necessary to maintain the highest design standards
• Apply and adhere to clients’ brand guidelines
• Ensure adequate design cover is arranged for holidays and busy periods and supervise design freelancers to ensure the brand style of each title is followed
Nice to haves
• An interest in social media platforms and social media content
• Experience of using CMS would be a plus
You must have a flair for designing eye-catching layouts (of course) and be knowledgeable and experienced in the full suite of Adobe software (particularly InDesign, but also Photoshop and ideally Illustrator). As part of a small but dynamic production team, you must also be willing to pitch in on other areas, and seize the opportunity to develop your skills in activities.
You must have significant experience in print magazine design and be able to hit the ground running, working to each magazine’s house style and producing quality layouts at a good pace.
• Fully competent in the use of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Previous experience of designing customer magazines for a minimum of three years is a must-have
• Ability to contribute ideas, communicate and support team environment
• Superb organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple workloads while working to tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritise and use initiative to meet strict deadlines and switch seamlessly between multiple projects
• The art editor must possess creative ability and be self-motivated to work independently
• Experience of maintaining and monitoring budgets is desirable
• Competitive salary
• Working on Walcot Street, in Bath’s popular artisan quarter
• Up to 30 days holiday per year + the company closes over Christmas for three days
• We love a get-together with our London-based sales team, including a two-day summer trip – recent destinations include Puglia and Mallorca, and this summer’s trip is to Amsterdam
• NEST Company Pension
• A relaxed working environment
• Balance is important to us – we work sociable hours with no late nights or weekends!
To apply, please send your CV, covering letter and recent samples of work to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 27 May 2022
Sorry, only successful candidates will be contacted